Post One: A journey to three locations

A journey to three locations

I started by browsing through destination options and clicked into the editors picks collection. There I saw the scenic world called Chinook Rockies S3L which was described to be a 'wilderness' stricken place ideal for photography. Initially I found the place rather magical with its crashing waves and pockets of candles and infinity swirling leaves however after travelling to more worlds I'd pin this as a natural beauty with hints of natural magic. The multitudes of waterfalls makes the panoramic view spectacular. It's a world ideal for a writers retreat or couples getaway.  As I walked around I found myself on private property or 'private parcel' which I was told to leave or be removed from within ten seconds!






The second destination I ventured to was chosen from the Adventure/ Fantasy category. It's name 'Lost Unicorn, A Unicorn Forest Sanctuary'. This was my favourite destination by far through my Second Life lifetime. I decided to change my avatar into a fairy to match the magical theme. I've always been obsessed with the fantasy world so this world felt like home. I used to play sims 3 for a good few years of my life and Second Life and the fantasy end of it, is really enjoyable to play. The world is mainly encompassed in an ancient forest with its towering trees roots large and mushrooms. An old uprooted cobbled path guided me through the forest. Different bridges with destination portals met me through my stroll. Fairy lights hung from the trees like lianas. Ruins of a past civilization popped up occasionally. I started to fly to see more of my surrounding. Intricately design tree houses spiraled up with old trees. I saw a giant chessboard, which I imagine was designed with Alice and wonderland in mind, which adds to the supernatural atmosphere. I found a giant deer, rearing unicorn and creeping wolf. Tunnels were dotted around the world that had beautiful cravings. It was a fairy and unicorn paradise.










The third place I traveled to was also from the adventure and fantasy section. However completely contrasts the unicorn world. It was called Hangars Liquides, a cyberpunk city. I changed my avatar again to a classic one, in fear of what other people there would think of a fairy in a cyberpunk world. I didn't feel the safest in this futuristic dirty city. Nothing of nature was in the landscape, just metal and neon lights. I liked the occasional quote that popped up on some of the walls. The flying cars were very cool too. I was asked if I wanted to change my settings to be open to adult content which I found slightly uncomfortable. I don't see myself returning to this land.




Overall I loved my adventure to all these different worlds, it really demonstrated who I was as a persona and avatar and what I love and don't. I'm really looking forward to getting to know Second Life more and finding out more about my avatar and myself.

Comments